The edges were sanded and then I painted the sides and edges with white acrylic. Next came Heavy Carvable Modelling Paste . Using a palette knife I added a thick layer, and then drew wavy lines into it that will be roof tiles. (It might be a stretch to see them as roof tiles at the moment…..)
To cover the back I sorted through all my design papers, and gathered everything with text on it. I used some other papers from my stash, anything with vintage, muted colours.
Mod Podge is great for sticking paper to any surface, (thank you for the loan Jacinta!)
I don’t have a firm plan for the front of this house yet. It will be a bit of this and a bit of that until i’m happy with it.
I will be back with more photos as soon as there is something to show.
Since we have a shed full of off cuts, I might end up with a whole town. They won’t all be tall & skinny. Some will be shorter and others wider. Some will have They will very definitely quirky but loved house.