I live in the beautiful county of Kerry, have three grown up children, a husband, two dogs and a house full of books. I grew up in Kent in England but have lived here much longer than I ever lived there.
We are surrounded by nature here and I get great inspiration from it. We are lucky enough to have mountains, lakes and forests. As you can probably tell from that, I love to be outside; I believe fresh air is a great cure for many things.
I have a huge love of home. The word home conjures up images of family, warmth, love and cosiness – that’s why I paint houses. Although I love to visit France and Italy for holidays, I don’t like to be gone too long. If you look up ‘Home bird’ in the dictionary there is probably a picture of me!
Here are 7 things you should know about me:
- I hate cheese – with a passion.
- Dogs, coffee, cake, wine and books are some of my most favourite things.
- I once learnt how to fly a single engine plane.
- I read a ridiculous amount of books, but re-read my favourites often.
- My favourite saying is,” A year from now you’ll wish you had started today”. It’s so true!
- I am also an Independent Celebrant and you can see more about that HERE.
- In 2013 I had an accident in which I lost 80% use of my right (dominant) hand. Through patience, determination, practise and sheer stubbornness I am lucky enough to still be able to paint. I am now a very happy one and a half handed artist!
- I have written and illustrated a children’s book called, “Miss Polly and the Crocodile.” It will be published in September 2021.
So, if you ever find yourself in Kerry, call in for coffee and cake, you would be most welcome.
Have a lovely day,